Self tried 'experiment' food

Sunday, July 20, 2014
I'm a very lazy person! Else if I want to do it, I'll really do top to toe myself. I did not blog about food anyway...because I don't cook. But I'd love to try cook something out of myself....I started to cook when I was in college, staying outside (Actually started cook when in Form 3, learning Kemahiran hidup). I also do not know how to differentiate what type of vegetable is. Do not have the knowledge out of myself, by how to cut a tomato... (because it is too juicy soft! I'll smashed it) I start asking mum how to do it.

I'm not sure if I have the talent or what. By seeing mum do once, I can remember. Still I dono how to name the vegetables or fish. hahahaha!! My mum do not let me walk to kitchen when I was small, she said it is dangerous. Then i grown up a little, mum band me from kitchen cause she said I'll mess things up. Till when I was a teenager, she don't let me in the kitchen still, cause she said I do not know how to clean her 'boundary'. And yes, I will not step into the kitchen when mum is there. But I went to kitchen when mum was on vacations!! what you predict is correct, when she reached home, she will just scold me mess up the kitchen due to one dip of oil split on her gas stove. =,=" I like to disobey her especially when she don't want me to. (I'm stubborn kid, and luckily I'm stubborn, u'll know why later)

Until now I'm in late 20s, my mum started to nag me that I still dono how to cook at this age. So, who to blame? She said how am I suppose to get marry? Nah... my fiancee can cook, or he can dabao wattt....

Even got one weekend, when my parent not in, I decided to cook for my grandma, my grandma doubt me. She even walk to kitchen like 5 times when I was preparing her dinner. I told my grandma, don't worry, everything under control, I cook before when I was in college! Then only she relief a bit. (That day I cook pattaya fried rice).

To me, cooking is like experimenting. Maybe it is because I study science? You just need materials, objective and procedure, then you got the results. That's it!

As a lazy person, I'm currently searching for lazy person method. Searching for easy ingredient and microwavable. The internet is so useful!!!

I you-tubed this (here)

Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cup

 I melted some butter in microwave, paint them on tray and paint again on top of the bread.
 Bacon is half cooked, Put some cheese before eggs
Eggs are too big, some of the egg white is overflow
put some peppers and salt on top of the egg.
 After nearly 20mins in 180 degree Celsius oven, here is the result!
 Half boiled egg~
We loved it! 

Next is Lemon Cheese Cake!
The favorite part is that you can do without using OVEN~
 get your ingredient here
The ingredient was for Lime cheese cake,
But because I could not find lime, I replace with lemon instead.

  1. 3 tbsp (50 mL) butter, melted
  2. 1/2 cup (125 mL) graham cracker crumbs
  3. 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
  4. 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
  5. 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
  6. zest of one lime
  7. 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
  8. 1 egg
 I replace graham crackers with normal biscuits as I forget to find one
The hard part is smashing the biscuits. It will flew every part of your table.

Combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar. Divide between two to four 1-cup (250 mL) jars or ramekins (I use muffin cups) and press into the bottom.
Mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Divide evenly into jars or ramekins with crumbed bottoms.
Place in microwave for 2 minutes. The top of the cheesecake should appear dry when cooked. If it doesn’t look quite done, microwave at 30-second intervals until the tops appear dry. (For my extremely full jars, I needed 2 minutes and 30 seconds.) If you don’t have a rotating microwave tray, cook for 1 minute then turn the jars or ramekins and microwave for another minute.
Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream or fresh berries and serve.
(above procedure is credited by the website)
 The outcome after microwaved. The outlook is a bit....not tempting.sigh...
I was not confident enough.... My mum keep 'splashing cold water' words towards my cakes
She made me lost more confident...I've to wait it chilled till the next day so that could taste it.
Pray hard!
 Even today, My mum keep saying "Can eat or not? Have to try one mouth first"
I was like:"So you want to throw away if not nice?" (I was thinking, I'll ate all no matter what)
Only my dad is supportive. He likes cheese cake.
He ask: one cake, you want to sell how much ya? (My dad is business minded)
One taste..and it is not bad! It taste like normal lemon cheese cake, Not like those 5 stars hotel type of course.. still you can eat it all. :) 

Then only my mum dare to take one cake and ate all.
HAHA~ 

 You may find the varieties of microwaved food here

Enjoy!!

So why stubborn is good? Because, at least I know how to do some cooking now. My stubbornness save me for not giving up easily.  

0 comments:

 

Translate

Categories

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

About Nuffnang

Pei Insta

 

© 2010 гย๓tย๓blurpei